02 January 2015

Good Morning 2015!

CY365 1/365 Good Morning 2015


2015.  A new year, a fresh start, and an opportunity to improve oneself.  

I spent the majority 2014 learning how to juggle a new business with a new baby, support my husband and his business ventures, as well as adapt to the demands of a growing family.  On top of that, I had a calling to serve the Lord in Panama and used my photography as a way to raise money to help send me there.  All of these changes and demands helped me to have a better understanding of myself, the world around me, as well as grow in a relationship with God.

For 2015 my goal is to continue to improve myself.  Just like any working parent, I often have the struggle between committing to much to one thing while the other falls short.  In my life this is my photography and my children.  It's a personal struggle to give equally and effectively to the two.  I'm still learning this trick as I'm sure many can relate.  

There are many times I beat myself up over this.  Why isn't my business growing quicker?  Why are my children always demanding my attention?  How is so and so succeeding at this and I'm struggling?  Maybe if I just commit to once a week, once a month, not at all.  My children need me.  My husband needs me.  My church needs me.  I need time to myself.  

It's exhausting and honestly, at this stage in my life, pointless.  I am fortunate that I have a supportive husband and we have this opportunity for me to stay at home with our children as well as take the time to figure out my career path what ever it may be.  

Jude will be in Kindergarten next year and these years with Emma will go quickly.  I want to be present with them but not lose myself either.  

So, my friends, my resolution if you will, is simple.  I want to be more present and more positive in my life.  I want to cherish the time with my children, enjoy when I have the opportunity to photograph you and your family (as well as some fun creative sessions), and most importantly, not stress when I can't do it all.  

In an effort to help stay in the present with myself, my family, and my photography, I signed up for CaptureYour365.  This is a site that has a topic of the day and you simply take a photo of what it means to you.  I'm using this as a platform to express my creativity, get inspired, share insights with other photographers, and venture outside my box.  

2015 will continue to have it's ups and downs like life always does.  I will learn, grow, create, stumble, get into deep, but hopefully stand back up and keep on going.  I hope you will take the time and join me as I share this year with you.  It should be a wonderful journey.

CY365 2/365 Think Over


1 comment:

  1. Keep it up! Go back to your foundations, track new areas of expansion and improvement, and grow from there. Or rather, build from there, which these ventures and even franchises are all about. And it seems that you are well on your way to doings so. Best of wishes to you and your family!

    Clint Shaff @ Franchise Match

    ReplyDelete