04 January 2015

A Reflection of Me

CY365 4/365 A Reflection of Me


I had envisioned this photo differently.  If I had 100% control over my life, I would have taken the a beautiful brushed nickle with hints of gold mirror from our powder room wall, propped it up against one the trees at my favorite photo location, and had my 2 beautiful, perfectly posed children snuggled up against me as I captured the three of us looking in the mirror with beautiful nature surrounding us and the golden hour sun lighting the scene.  

Well, life as we know, isn't like that.  I came home from a great service at church, my son anxious to go to a friends house, and my daughter ready for a nap.  I knew I wouldn't be able to get the image I had in mind so I tried my hand at photographing me solo in front of my mirror.  It was then I noticed my daughter laying in the background where I had the idea to place my son next to her.  Still hoping for their "angelic" forms, it was anything but.  My son struggles to hold my tired/cranky daughter while he is asking over and over if he's done yet.  In the end, I like this image more.  I think it best represents the post I wrote a couple of days ago struggling with the work life balance.  It's not perfect but it works.  I hope to take the image I had in mind in the near future as I think it would be a beautiful image  but for now, I truly believe this is "A Reflection of Me"

No comments:

Post a Comment