12 May 2012

Una Familia Bella


The other day I had the absolute pleasure of spending time with my neighbors, The Rodriquez Family.  Gama, Marisel, and little Ema will be moving from our little community in Wiesbaden to South Carolina in the coming weeks. I was lucky that I was able to take their photos before they left as Mother Nature has been a bit unpredictable these past couple of months.  We had to reschedule once and had a pending appointment on Saturday.  When we learned the weather was going to be "picture perfect" on Thursday, we jumped at the chance.  And I am so glad we did. 

The temperatures reached to the mid 80's, the sky was filled with soft, filtering clouds, and the light was perfection.   Ema, a 6 month old little beauty, was dazzling in her ivory lace romper, turqouis flower headband, and adorned in a simple strand of pearls; I swooned when I saw her.  Marisel and Gama looked as if they stepped out of a  magazine, and moved with the camera like this was an every day occurance.

The biggest challenge I'm facing as a budding photographer is giving my clients direction.  I'm a visual person so telling someone how to move is a bit tricky for me.  I probably invade their personal space a bit too much as I actaully try to position them.  With this family, however, it was as if they were reading my mind.  I would begin to ask "Could you..hmm..put your hand, um...wait" and without me having to complete a thought, a flick of her hair or a turn of his shoulders, they did exactly what I envisioned (if only my husband can learn their trick). 

Their family is full of warmth, love and beauty and their session was filled with song, laughter, and dance.  The slightest whimper from Ema would result in both Mom and Dad attentively swooping to her rescue.  It is apparent when first laying eyes on this family how well they support one another.  As Puerto Ricans living in Germany, surrounded by Americans, it would be expected to feel lost in translation.  In this little family, however, it is as if they are in their own precious little world where everything makes perfect sense.

Gama, Marisel, and Ema, it was a joy to be your neighbor.  Les deseo muchas bendiciones y mucha en su proxima adventura.  










1 comment:

  1. LOVE reading the stories behind the photos as much as I love seeing these beautiful families and admiring your work.

    ReplyDelete