05 April 2012

House Update I: A Work in Progress

Its been a couple of weeks since I've last posted and even longer since I mentioned the status of our house.  Yesterday, which ironically was the day after the DFW tornados (thankfully family and friends in the area were not affected) we received a package from  my in-laws containing all sorts of goodies.  A DVD of Italy for our upcoming vacation, hats for Beau, Lightning McQueen slippers for Jude, and coupons for me (no, I didn't get the short end, they have been nice enough to set these aside for me per my request).  Tucked away among the usual stack of leftover magazines was what we were really hoping for, a CD filled with 160 images of multiple phases and angles of our house.

My in-laws have been kind enough to act as POA while we are in Germany.  They have been going to the property occasionally to check the status of the work and make sure the construction workers don't cut corners (I saw an email the builder received from my FIL; what can I say, he knows his stuff).  These trips have also been a way to document the progression of the house.  I was shocked at the transformation that has taken place in the last few months.  Here are a few highlights.

Framing!

Concrete Slab

The bones

Our lake view from the upstairs balcony overlooking the 2 story living room
We have a roof and some exterior walls!


Back view: Master on the left, 2 story living room in the middle, Kitchen on the right

View from the back half of the house looking towards the front.  Sitting room  by the front door, dining room closest to us.

Upstairs view of the kitchen and family room.  That long structure in the middle of the kitchen, our island (or as Beau said, a place to perform emergency surgery).

Starting to look like an actual house


So a BIG thank you to Randy and Debra for all of the goodies and for keeping us updated.  It definitely puts our mind at ease knowing our house is being carefully observed. We really appreciate it!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! It's becoming a very, very real house!! Get excited for decorating :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! My Pintrest boards are overflowing with ideas :)

      Delete
  2. I'm loving watching this process and so happy got you, Beau, and Jude!!!

    ReplyDelete